Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tomorrow

I finally got my time for the surgery tomorrow...12:10 & show up at 9:10am. It's going to be a long day. I'm not to eat anything after midnight tonight, so a big dinner is in order. Today has been very surreal. There are small moments when it feels like I fully understand that fact that tomorrow I'm going to have all this skin taken off & gain a new belly & belly button. For the most part it feels like tomorrow is just another day.

I'm soooooo curious to find how much skin he is going to take off! I'm weighing in at about 157 right now & would ideally love to be 145....I have a feeling there is around 10lbs of skin on this tummy, fingers crossed! And the doctor will also preform muscle repair on my abs. Quite often after gaining a lot of weight or pregnancy the muscles separate. I've read some stories where women had as much as 5"-7" in separation!

I have my special surgery soap to wash with tonight & in the morning. We'll have a very relaxed evening tonight & do some last minute cleaning & preparing. In the morning, i'll wake, wash, dress in my yoga pants & zip-up hoodie, call a cab, grab my wallet, compression stockings and leave with my boyfriend. My understanding is that I'll meet the anesthesiologist & the surgeon & they will go over how the day will go & i'll finally get drawn on to see exactly where the scar is going to go & what's being taken off. I was told the surgery will last about 3 hours & i'll have a bit of recover time before I go home.

My only last minute worries have to do with getting back home...getting out of the cab, getting comfortable in bed, what will happen when I have to pee, showering...all that lovely stuff. I know I'm in good, caring hands at home, so that's what's important. I'm so excited to catch up on tv & movies!!

Well, I will post again when I can...probably in a couple days or when I feel not so drugged!!

Wish me luck!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment