Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2 Weeks pre-op

I'm always on the countdown, but today marks exactly two weeks until i'm cut and pulled. I was suppose to receive a two week final prep phone call from the doctors office today, but no dice. I did receive a phone call from the pharmacist though! She gave me a run down of the drugs that will be waiting for me at the hospital. I will have antibiotics, Oxycotin, some sort of Gravel to help with the nausea, a back up suppository in case I can't keep down the anti nausea medicine, and some sleeping pills....all something to look forward to! In the end, only $70 for all the medication & I'm sure ten times the street value!

The time is coming up fast & I feel stressed. I'm not feeling stressed about the surgery, but rather the preparation and thinking about the results. I feel like I have lots of tasks to get done like last minute shopping for supplies, groceries, and anything that I might need in my weeks at home, getting things done at work, making sure I have everything in order as far as payments go, and frantically reading through tummy tuck forums every night to see what peoples experiences are & how they recover. I've been building a good mental list of things that I will want to stock up on and getting an idea of what recovery will be like.

I've been hitting the gym & riding my bike at home for the past few days. I guess the second part of my stress is having some last minute anxiety and feelings like my body still needs some toning up and needs to shed some pounds before I go in. I'm so sore & realizing that I'm in need of a day or two off. I know I'll have time after the surgery to continue getting to my peak form, but I'm dreading the thought of getting out of surgery and seeing bad results. I know this is all a highly exaggerated feeling & that I will look back & tell myself that I should have felt so stressed about it. The second part of this is possibly regretting the fact that I didn't go the full distance and have a few nip/tucks or "enhancements" to complete my look. The tummy is number one and I'm hoping it will make enough of a difference that I will be distracted from the other "bits".

Pictures will be coming soon! I want to be documenting the process in as much detail as possible. I'll also be sure to post once I get my pre-op orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment