Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 8




Day 7 was a pretty good day. I'm now on strictly IBuprofen, four a day, plus my antibiotics and the occasional pill for nausea. I think a lot of me feeling better has to do with clearing up the constipation haha. Yesterday was the first day that I had hunger, eating full portions & having cravings. My only bad experience yesterday was taking a shower late last night & getting a little to comfortable in the warm water & feeling a little faint when I got out. Straight to bed & I felt much better.

I woke up this morning, Day 8, feeling really good & with good energy. I'm hoping that today will allow me to pick-up better after myself & have more energy. I won't overdo it, but I just want to start easing in to having a normal day with fewer naps. I start work again on Monday, Day 12, and a bit scared. My goal for tomorrow is to do my hair and make-up for my doctors appointment and get out of the house at night to treat my boyfriend to dinner. Luckily there are some places close by to walk to, so we'll start there for baby steps.

I'm focusing more on getting back to normal and healing rather than my results. I just need to get these drains out soon!!! I'm hoping that at my appointment tomorrow he will say we can remove them. The drains are still filling with dark blood & emptying about 10-15ml a day each. He said the more we can get the drains to remove on their own, the less likely they'll have to do any minor surgery. I'm just really hoping & crossing my fingers that tomorrows the day!! I know I'll feel sooooo much better once they are gone.

Thanks for everyone posting their experiences, well wishes and appreciation. Your comments have really kept me going!!!

k

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how great you are going to look afterwards!! I had one child and even though I lost all the weight my body never went back to normal. I hope to one day have the courage to get a tummy tuck too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the end result either. I'd love to see some before you lost the weight pics in a post that shows you along the way of losing the weight to compare! Share! Share! Share! Also, any tips on what you did to lose, how and if you had any set backs/bad days, meal plans, workout plans! I'd love to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks ladies!!! I'm really just wanting to flash forward to a couple months from now and to go get some new clothes! Mrs. B, I think it's a great idea to post some before pictures! I don't think I have a lot, but when my stomach starts to take a better shape & I'm feeling a bit better, I'll scan some true before & afters to show my full journey. I lost all my weight from good ol' diet and exercise. It took me about 4 years to get to the weight i'm at now, but most came off in the first three years because I was just dieting. The weight just started falling off when I started college & had to walk to school, couldn't afford extra junk food, had to cut my portions because it was quite the effort to get to the grocery store & back....so really, it started with very small changes & then I started introducing veggies & other healthy changes. It was simple, really! I never deprived myself of things I wanted, all in moderation. But in the past year, introducing the gym has shown way more improvement!!!

    Thanks for your support ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I'm just now coming in on your journey... I hope your recovery is FABULOUS and your results are exactly what you wanted!!
    I am on a weight loss journey myself and it is always encouraging to see people reach their goals! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete