Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 6 in Review-Beginning of Day 7

I was determined to make daily entries until day 6 came around...The doctor told me yesterday that a really good day is sometimes followed by a really bad day when it comes to recovery, and that is exactly what happened to me. I felt so great on Monday & thought things were looking up. Well, I had a hard sleep that night & it just led to an emotional/physical breakdown for day Tuesday, Day 6. I just felt like my incision was tearing apart, i felt tight & uncomfortable, and I just felt like my swelling was taking over & that this butt shape will never leave my stomach....I finally gave in and called the doctor to get in for an earlier appointment to see if I was actually alright. My drains & their exit spot are just giving me pain & making me feel uncomfortable. When I saw him, he says that I'm healing perfect and that we have to keep the drains in as long as they are draining so he won't have to go in and do any type of minor surgery. He just basically told me to deal with it. He then took the sutures out of my belly button and gave me an appointment for Friday. Somehow I felt better knowing that I just need to suck it up.

My boyfriend brought me my Vietnamese soup & a bubble tea to share last night. I haven't been eating much lately & finally had the craving for something hearty. The first four bites were so great but then I just couldn't continue. At least I have soup for the next few days :)

Last night was painful again, but I took a sleeping pill to help knock me out & get some proper rest. I only have a couple pain pills left & saving them for a point where I really need them. I'm taking Tylenol & now Ibuprofen. Waking up this morning I finally had the sensation that I might be able to finally have a bowel movement! I'll spare the TMI details....it had been a week & let's just say that it was an awful experience but that I'm sooooo happy it's over with now. My doctor never prescribed or recommended stool softeners & I had to go by my mothers word that this is what I needed. I took one yesterday & I'll be taking one daily from now on. The pain medication is so hard on the body and I never want to go through that experience again!

At this point I'm wishing I could really fast forward a couple weeks. I got some good advice from my boyfriend last night that the pain is bad now but that my end result is going to be beyond incredible. I just keep thinking of shopping and new clothes to keep me going & try not to focus on my stomach cleavage.

I'll try to post again tonight with some photos :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing all the gory details and being realistic about your journey. I'm also 5'10" and about 150 lbs, and after giving birth to two 10lb. babies, my body is very similar to yours - pre-surgery, of course.

    We (husband and self) have discussed this surgery for a couple years now, so I will continue to follow your posts as we make the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the bowel movement. You'll probably have the experience again when you have kids. I didn't have any movements for about a week after having my daughter. It was a nightmare. I would only wish it on death row inmates as an alternative to the chair. What really helped me was splurging on natural diarrhetics like prunes & chocolate. Needless to say I went out & treated myself to my favorite sandwich after I finally "went".

    ReplyDelete